The world of PC games is rapidly expanding. Last year, there were 10,696 games released on Steam alone. With Xbox and PS5 consistently pushing the bar for PC games higher, your PC might be due for an upgrade.
The AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT is precisely the powerhouse you are looking for in a graphics card. While it might be on the expensive side of the spectrum, the magnificent 1080p gaming experience makes it a worthwhile buy.
If you are looking for a new graphics card, you have tons of options on the market. Priced competitively with some of the best chips in the market, the AMD Radeon drives a hard bargain with its features. Read along to find out more.
Like all other Radeon RX 6600 graphic cards, the Radeon RX 6600 XT features AMD’s 7nm RNDA 2 architecture. Here is the list of features that allow it to comfortably support the best of modern games.
- Size: It is an average-sized chip with a 237 mm2 die area and 11,060 million transistors. The card’s dimensions are 190mm x 110mm x
- Memory: A 32 MB infinity cache that improves memory bandwidth and an 8GB GDDR6 memory. The Smart Access Memory gives your CPU full access to your GPU’s memory, improving latency and drastically increasing performance.
- Compute Units: This graphics card has 32 RDNA 2 CUs meaning there are 2,048 Steam Processors and 32 ray accelerators. It also has 128 texture mapping and 64 render output units.
- Clock Speed: The GPU game clock operates at a frequency of 2359 MHz and can be boosted up to 2589 MHz. The game clock is what you experience when you are usually playing. The boost frequency is how fast the GPU operates in short bursts of workload.
- DirectX: This card supports DirectX 12 Ultimate. It adds realism to your gaming with top-notch support for ray tracing, variable-rate shading, mesh shading, and sampler feedback.
- Resolution: Another feature of the DirectX 12 is FidelityFX Super Resolution. This will elevate your game from a lower resolution to your native resolution.
- Input Power: The dual-slot card draws power from a 1×8-pin PCIe power cable. AMD recommends at least a 500W power supply.
- Display Outputs: The card has 4 display ports- 1 HDMI 2.1 and 3 DisplayPort 1.4a.
Here is something interesting you might want to know about these cards. AMD has launched their version of the Radeon RX 6600 XT. You have to go through its third-party card partners like MSI, ASUS, ASRock, Sapphire, and Gigabyte to buy it.
Due to its dual-slot design, the card should fit better in smaller cases and allow room for the installation of expansion cards. Also, the number of fans will vary according to the manufacturer, but it is usually 2 for the 6600 XT.
The lighting and backplates also rely on the manufacturer. Most of the cards tested out to be relatively cool throughout gaming. So, spending extra on a cooler is your personal choice.
The graphics card retails at $520, but the price will go up since you have to buy it through a manufacturer. Of course, you also get many cool features for the extra price.
The MSI models come with a metal backplate, RGB lighting, and a Twin Frozr cooler design. They sell for around $899. In comparison, the ones by Asus are priced at around $799. You can often cash in on discounts offered by the selling websites.
The Radeon RX 6600 XT is an excellent selection for a powerful graphics card. Its features are well-suited for all modern games. It is designed to impart a truly remarkable 4K gaming experience.
The raytracing and variable rate shading specs will make the game seem highly realistic. Moreover, the high clock speed and large memory will ensure that your PC delivers its best performance. As a gamer, what more could you ask for?