Writing is usually a much faster way than video to get people’s attention, but a professional sales video can be one of the most effective ways to convert new customers. Videos are more like conversations than written content—and often need to be more concise to keep viewers’ attention—but they’re also more like storytelling than an informal chat.
Videos will quickly become one of your most powerful marketing tools when done effectively! These simple tips will help ensure that your first attempt is successful (and maybe even fun).
Once you have recorded your video, it’s time to polish it. You should first watch it and ask: Is this the video I want to see? If not, go back and make changes until you’re happy with how it looks.
The second thing you should do is put a voiceover on it. This means that someone reads the words as they appear on the screen. People respond better when they can hear a real human talking instead of just reading text or watching someone reading text!
Keep your video short, simple, and in context.
You want your video to be short and simple. People will lose interest if you make it too long and won’t understand if it’s too complicated. It should also be in context—don’t make it so much about you that it distracts from what’s important.
Use the right words to get people’s attention.
Some of the sales videos lack relevance to the audience. If you’re selling peanut butter, don’t talk about bananas. If your product is a coffee cup, don’t talk about how great toast is. Make sure what you say is relevant to the product or service you are trying to sell.
What words should you use?
Use words that relate directly to what they want: more money, less time spent doing something they hate, etc. Use words like: save money, make more money and increase revenue (or whatever else might be relevant).
Engage people by showing them how you’re different.
A sales video is a great opportunity to show your company’s unique value proposition or what makes you different from the competition. You can do this by sharing some of the following:
- Why do customers choose you? Why should they buy from you instead of another company?
- What’s unique about your product, service, or business model?
- What sets your customer experience apart from other companies in your industry?
Make sure you have a strong call to action at the end of the video.
You should always have a clear call to action at the end of your video. This could be something like:
- Sign up for our free trial
- Download this white paper
- Contact us with any questions you have about our services
Make sure your call to action is consistent across every video and in the same place so that viewers can easily find it.
Other things to consider
But if you want some more concrete advice on how professional sales videos are made, here are some helpful tips:
- Asking for help from people who know the topic well is never a bad idea! If possible, talk with field experts or professionals with experience in this area. They may be able to point out subtle things.
- If possible, try asking for help from someone familiar with technical aspects such as lighting or scripting. With their knowledge on these topics comes experience in dealing with issues related thereto—which means less time spent worrying about technical difficulties when editing the footage into one final product.
It is important to remember that every video doesn’t have to be perfect. You don’t have to hire a famous actor or spend hours on graphics. The key is just to do the best you can with what you have available at the time and keep improving from there.