Basically, three prime institutes in India run IPM OR Integrated Program in Management. These three prime institutes are- IIM Indore, IIM Rohtak and Nirma University, Ahmadabad. Obviously, many students across the nation aspire to do well in it. However, in order to get admission to IPM at the above 3 prime institutes, one need to first clear an entrance exam.
To be specific, one needs to clear the Integrated Program in Management Aptitude Test (IPMAT). Moreover, IIM Indore IPM, as well as IIM Rohtak IPM, conducts it separately. Coming to Nirma University IP004D, they do accept IPMAT scores of IIM Indore. Coming to IIM Rohtak IPM, it conducts the entrance test of its own, i.e.-IPMAT-Rohtak.
However, when it comes to eligibility, each of the above universities has its own criteria. In this context, the below abstracts throw more light into eligibility criteria of both. Join best online coaching for IPM 2022.
IPMAT IPM 2021 Eligibility Criteria for IIM Indore
In order to apply for the five years Integrated Programme in Management at IIM Indore, the candidate needs to satisfy below eligibility criteria.
First of all, the candidate needs to fulfil the age criteria. In this context, he/she needs to have taken birth only after 1st August 1999. Those with exact birth date of 1st August 1999 also are eligible. However, there are, as usual, relaxations for those who fall into SC/ST/PwD category. Basically, they enjoy 5 years of relaxation. In short, an SC/ST/PwD candidate can still be eligible despite taking only after 1st August 1994.
- Qualifying Exam:
Coming to qualifying examination, it is essential for the candidate to clear class 12th, HSC, or any equivalent examination in 2017 and 2018. However, those appearing in 2019 also become eligible for the same.
- Minimum Percentage (%) of marks:
In terms of marks, the candidates are essential to secure at least 60 percent in class 10th/SSC and standard 12th/HSC. Again, there is relaxation for those who belong to SC/ST/PwD categories. These candidates can be eligible upon scoring only 55% marks.
Most people don’t understand, but there is a tweak about the calculation of marks in 11th and 12th. Moreover, the calculation here is done as per the total marks on the entire subjects appearing on the grade sheet. In fact, this is applicable no matter which board it is about. Yes, there are many boards or institutes where they assign grades in letters rather than in points. On such occasions, to convert the grades into percentages, the procedure that the Board or the Authority recommends is followed.
IPMAT, IPM 2022 Eligibility Criteria for IIM Rohtak
Coming to eligibility criterion of IIM Rohtak, a candidate is essential to meet the following criteria.
- First of all, the candidate needs to score at least 60 percent marks in 10th or 12th. In fact, the same rule is applicable for other examinations equivalent to XII/HSC. As usual, there is relaxation for SC/ST/PwD candidates here as well. Basically, the candidates who belong to these categories are eligible simply to have 55% marks in the above standards. Furthermore, the reservations are applicable according to GOI norms post fulfilling the eligibility criterion.
- Coming to age, the candidate needs to be less than 20 years by 31st July 2019.
Important things to know about IPMAT Eligibility Criteria 2022
Broadly, above are the eligibility criteria for IPM, IPMAT. However, there are certain aspects as well that a candidate needs to keep in mind. Following are some of those.
- Both IIM Indore, as well as IIM Rohtak does hold rights to make decisions regarding eligibility criteria. In short, they hold the authorization to change the eligibility norms as well.
- Talking about intimations, those who fail to get the final offer won’t get any intimation letter.
- There are candidates who try to apply with nominal changes in details multiple times. However, these candidates will have to face rejection. In fact, they don’t become eligible for further selection.
So, these are all about eligibility criteria for those who want to appear for IPMAT. Indeed, one needs to thoroughly meet the eligibility criteria to become eligible for sitting in the exam. It is the sole responsibility of the candidate to check the eligibility criterion prior to filling in the form or making payments.